Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Miley na Miley Hum Review

Miley Naa Miley Hum

Releasing Date: November 4
I don’t know how you’re liking the video of Haan yahi pyaar hai showing Kangana Ranaut and Chirag Paswan, the song is easy on ears and Shaan seems to be doing good in some song after some time. Shreya is good as ever, or probably a little better, and that does add to the song. In short, I like.
The second song of the album, Wake Up now, is already on the TV too, and though the song faintly reminds me of some other song, and sounds like a wannabe Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy number, guess it is not too bad for a little party mood. Suzanne’s voice and the second-long entry of ghunghroo’s sound are some good points of the song.
Katto Gilehri of Daler mehndi and Mamta goes a little on the tune of ‘kab din hua kab raat hui mujhe hosh na tha _______ baat hui (haye re).’ The song of course wants to be Munni, but even with Daler’s high voice, it doesn’t reach that height. Still, sounds kinda interesting, and would be more clear when the video comes out. Do not go and listen to it until the video comes out, as you’d get to know yourself whether the song is for you when it’s on TV/Youtube.
Wait. Doesn’t the beginning of Mahi mahi use Tinku Jiya with town’s orchestra? OK, Whatever. Richa Sharma and Wajid’s song once again sounds like desperate ’90s to me. The best part of the song is that Richa doesn’t seem to be trying too hard and goes mostly natural even in this desperate ’90s number. And yes, Wajid sounds different, like a singer. Still, avoidable I say.
Truth be told, even Nazar se nazar mile sounds like ’90s to me, but then it’s not the desperate kind. In fact the beats in the song remind me of Nadeem-Shravan. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is good here but I don’t think there is much for him in the song. Anupama Raag is saccharine sweet here, but no problems with that. Whatever I say, this IS the best song of the album, and since Sajid-Wajid know this, they have one extra version of the song, sung by Wajid, where he sings the first few lines in his newly acquired ‘singer’ voice. No Kidding. :D
The arrangements of this version are a little more towards 2000s, and Anupama’s voice here reminds me of.. I think Mohabbatein.
Hope you’re not too troubled by my nostalgia in the review of the album. For the rest, I think the album is kind of OK with three more or less good songs. And then there will be Katto Gilehri too. :P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment